Tuesday 5 April 2011

The Beginning

I have gotten an internship at The Danish Embassy in Oslo. I applied on the 30th of March and only a couple of hours after I sent the application I got a positive reply. I was applying for the period from the 1st of September 2011 to the 29th of February 2012 but since that position was already taken I was offered the period from the 1st of March to the 31st of August. Since the rules for European Studies at Aalborg University are that I have go on an internship on the 9th semester I had to apply The Board of Studies International Affairs for a dispensation so that I can interchange my 9th and 10th semester and write my master thesis before I go on internship. I am expecting a positive answer for my application for dispensation tomorrow.

When I get my dispensation I can go to the next step in getting all the formalities in order. I have to fill out two forms and return them to the ambassador. The first form is an “intern agreement” from The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark that I have to fill out and return by e-mail. The other one is a “personal information form” that is used in the process of granting me my security clearance this has to be filled out printed in two copies and attached a photo before being sent by mail to the ambassador.  I will go the photographer on my way to work today to have the photos ready for sending the form tomorrow.


Read the internship advert (Danish): http://www.amboslo.um.dk/da/menu/OmOs/Praktikant/ 


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment